Wednesday 15 June 2011

Vivid Sydney

This next event I went to was called Vivid Sydney. It was a two week long festival where they lit up the city with all kinds of vibrant neon lights and had different shows going on nightly throughout Circular Quay and in the Opera House. I believe there was 46 different locations that had a different light show going on surrounding the harbor, so you could pretty much just spend the whole night wandering around and be pretty fascinated at what was going on as you'll see by the pictures. I do have to give all the credit to my roommate Mr. Paul Leung for the incredible photos. Although I love my camera I never could have captured these photos with it.
Just a great night shot of the Harbour Bridge.
One of the many crazy light shows that went on the Opera House sails. The lights were being projected from all the way across the harbour and went on from about 6pm to midnight.

There was things like this spread randomly throughout the city, so they weren't all as unbelievable as the Opera House, but still very cool.

Next to the Opera House I think this building was the 2nd best. I put a bunch of pictures in succession to try and show how much the light would continuously change but it's a little easier if you could've seen them flipped through one after the other instead of scrolling. 





I don't know how Paul's camera was able to catch the lasers coming across the harbour

There seemed to be an endless amount of light patterns that they would portray on the sails and they were constantly moving and changing all through the night.
The fire show beginning to the left
On a side note, this entire festival was free for the two weeks (I guess it's a difficult thing to charge for), and even though there were some concerts and things that cost money, it was nice for Sydney to entertain their city without charge for once. Although I can't complain too much because they have pretty much put on at least one festival a month since I've arrived here.

A few more final shots of the Opera House


I think this was my favorite light show on the sails. It looks as amazing as it's shown here, but seeing it live as the lights move across the sails is hard to describe.
I have no idea how they were able to make some of the lights portray images like this on the buildings



And I'll leave you with a picture of the man behind these great pictures as I think he deserves the credit for making this blog possible. This was another one of those events that I just like letting the pictures speak for themselves because it's hard to describe in words. Sydney is definitely a must visit city if you ever get the chance, and I hope my blog has been doing a good job of convincing you to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment