Sunday 3 April 2011

The Blue Mountains

Matty and I took our trip to the Blue Mountains yesterday. Was also the first day with my new camera so I hope you enjoy. I don't know if you guys can tell or not but definitely takes a lot better pictures than the old one for just a regular snap shot digital camera. I'm just excited to see what the pictures look like under water when I take it to the Great Barrier Reef in a couple of weeks!

Anyway, so here is where we started our trip at the Blue Mountains.


The pictures on this trip can pretty much speak for themselves but this is where we began our hike


We began to make our way to the Three Sisters, Down the Giant Stairway (understatement) and along the Federal Pass which takes you through the valley below the mountains through a rainforest to Scenic World


The Three Sisters

And we begin our journey down the Giant Stairway

We wisely chose to go down the Giant Stairway through the Valley. Once we got to the bottom and read this information sign it was clear why people were out of breath at the top. 900 steps!!! Wish I had some better pictures of the trek down but we were literally scaling down the side of the cliff into the tree tops and the pictures weren't very clear on what I was trying to photograph.

The trail through the rainforest in the Valley, took us about 1.5 hours


Some of the trees were MASSIVE
And the snake that I stepped on! Pretty sure it was harmless but considering Australia has something like 11 of the 15 deadliest snakes in the world was kind of a scary moment. Matt chose to jump over it instead of step on it.


Made it underneath the Three Sisters. Thought this sign was pretty comical.

Did I mention the trees were MASSIVE!

Walking under the Skyway, one of the rides at Scenic World. We'll be up in that soon.

And our arrival to the Scenic Railway

Had a pretty good view of the Three Sisters from here

It seemed a whole lot steeper than 52 degrees

Getting ready for our ride up to the top of Scenic World. We made sure to get the front so we could get a few good pictures on the way up. Kind of a gay picture, I know.

Beginning our ascent 


Had a pretty awesome view of the Blue Mountains at the top. It started to get a little misty as you can see by the time we got there though. 

Waiting for the Skyway to come across. This is the gondola I took a picture from underneath before. Wasn't able to get the greatest pictures while on it because there were rails and quite a few people on with us, but it was truly amazing views of the landscape all around us, and beneath us. 

You could see through the floor all the way down into the Valley


This was an unbelievable waterfall that went down into the Valley, but like I said before I kind of dropped the ball with pictures on this one. 

And the other side looked out into the Blue Mountains once again. Really crazy views.

 I'll leave you here with the end of our trip to the Blue Mountains and my favorite picture from the whole day. I've got the one of the Three Sisters in the forefront with The Blue Mountains along the horizon. The shadows of the clouds looked really amazing along the canopies of the trees too.

1 comment:

  1. Michael the blue mountains look amazing I wish I was there with you. Miss you lots! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete